Friday, March 16, 2012

Admiring the view

So, last night I was driving up Lafayette Avenue and I reached the corner of Elmwood.  As I sat at the light with such a warm breeze coming in through the windows, I started admiring the view of the Elmwood Village.  People were walking up and down Elmwood, happy to have a nice day to get out of the house.  There was the girl just coming out of yoga class. The couple having a romantic walk after dinner.  The friends who just came out of the bar for happy hour.  The bike riders strolling down the street. The couple w/ their new born baby, taking him/her out for a walk.  And then their was me w/ my two gorgeous boys in my car admiring the view from afar and embracing such a wonderful night.  

4 comments:

  1. This poem is nice....I often find myself at a red light doing the same...to me it seems healthy, calming a time to collect your thoughts while you wait for that light to change. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I really don't consider this a poem but more of just thoughts that I wanted to share. lol But again, thank you and yes it definitely was one of those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice i do the same thing when am driving then stop and look around, just enjoying the view around me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ty Mike and yes those are those moments that matter most.

    ReplyDelete