Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Sun

As he lingers behind you,
Waiting for your next move,
He wants you to harmonize,
To his seductive groove,

He sings at a tone,
Not so much in tune,
But to you it’s appealing,
It’s a song you choose,

Your thoughts say its peace,
But subliminally he’s bringing you under,
Causing havoc causing pain
Causing for you to lose
All that you have gained

A life less ordinary
A life bringing you to shame
Some say – where did you go wrong?
But your question is the same

Your inner being,
Knows you have strayed
Knows where you stopped
Believing in the Suns power

The Sun revived you back in the days,
Don’t you remember when you called his name?
You exalted and thanked him
For the life he gave

But until you get to that place,
You will still walk in the rain
The serpent will be heavy on your shoulders, we say,
He will be sneaky and creep thru in every way.

All I ask of the Sun
Is to keep you warm during the cold
And to guard you from the demons,
That lingers in your home

For you my love
Have tumbled amongst the lost
Have stepped into the dark
Just like most.

See, I once walked among the lost,
I could not see past the branches,
So, I paid the price, I paid the cost
And Now I see the chances.

I no longer feel as if I had been tossed,
I see clearly and start prancing,
I have not been criss-crossed,
These obstacles have just helped me keep dancing.

~Tayrin~

No comments:

Post a Comment